Sunday, February 24, 2008

My excuses are just babies of snow...

Happy Sunday everyone! 

The Carrot Revolution was kind enough to link to me the other day. Thanks again for the shout out and the nice words.
 
I sent out a  scholarship application to Penland School of Craft this week. I hope I get it. I want to do this summer program on lithography. (Well, the program also includes stuff on intaglio and relief, but I know those processes, so I hope that they'll let me focus more on the lithography, since I know nothing about it.)
But anyway, when I sent my scholarship application to Penland, I had to take pictures of some of my art. Those arts happened to be the paintings I've not yet posted here, so here we go. 

Okay, paintings. Uhm. This one is kind of dumb, but my painting teacher likes it. We had to do our paintings about something, and I kind of picked communication, or the lack of. 
Essentially, It's a wasteland. 





Okay, so this was my final for painting 2, I painted a painting for my roommate, because I owe her some money... No, just kidding, She wanted one of my paintings, so I made her one. She needs to quit smoking, but, smoke is compositionally really really wonderful. I like swirls. Her hair is really not that color. I made it much too blonde, but she says she doesn't mind... sketches of it here. 


This painting is really personal. It's the biggest painting I've ever done. It's about 4 x 5 feet. I'm happy with it. People tend to like it before they know it's about death, and then they're like, "oh, i see. uhmmm." Oh well. 





Anyway. It's snowing outside. It's the pretty big clumps of snow.... or at least it was. It's calmed down now. 

Anyway. There are about 12 things I should be doing that aren't blogging so... 



No comments: