Friday, September 25, 2009

The New Girls


Spend a few hours in the studio today. Working on these girls.




This is the first one I did, she's still in progress (they all are) but without her the other girls would not exist.






This girl started out at my least favorite, but now I really am starting to dig her.





This is the one that i'm afraid to work on because I already feel too precious about it.
Which I realize is the death of possibilty.
There needs to be something done about her left hip's dark flatness....
K.P. suggested a cutout white circle to mimic the one around her face?
This might be what I do.

---
I've been trying hard not to get precious about art stuff.
If you do, you're doing it wrong.
---
So, are they drawings or paintings? ;)
It's ink, some acrylic paint, and cut paper on bristol board.

No comments: